Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Power of Trading.

Ok in a previous post I promised to show my BIG couponing trading moment.......

Well here it is.......



*drum roll*




How did this all get started? Simple.....I didn't want to hand wash dishes cause I decided to be to frugal to buy those little packets that cost a ton!


I counted and I ended up with 151 tablets. I traded for ALL of these and ended up only paying taxes which was .02 cents a tablet. And even though I have a ton of dish washing liquid under my sink (also only paid tax for) somehow I don't want to do the good old fashion hand washing all the time.


If I ran the dishwasher 3 times a week and hand wash the small loads in between I have enough to last me 50.333 weeks, so basically a year. WOOT!!!!! So this would be minimal hand washing ha ha.....We will see. Of course I will also be praying for another awesome Cascade coupon and then I will get my trade on.


The main thing here is to show a real life experience where I took coupons I don't use (baby, pet, etc) and traded for something I needed. What I do when I clip my coupons I have 3 big bowls. 1 for food, 1 for nonfood and 1 for trade. And then on the couponing FB page we all post what we have and what we are looking for. It is a great way to pool your resources and all swap to help meet each others needs.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's awesome. You are amazing.We run a dishwasher load about once a day...so that would last me just over 3 months ;D

    ReplyDelete